Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Unbeknowest to them my great grandparents were distant cousins, I believe.

I seem to be related to the Needhams twice! Oops! A family was separated after the Civil War. Unbeknowest (yes, I do make up words when it suits me) to them, my great grandparents were distant cousins. Or at least this is what conclusion (or confusion) my research is leading me to believe. Another tangled mess to unravel and investigate. Only one hitch to try to understand, was Elizabeth Jane White actually Celia Carters biological mother or Cecila's step mother. The suspense deepens.

If EJ White is Celia Melinda Carter's mother, then Cecila is directly related to Amey Needham. John Christopher Hayley is directly related to Martha Needham. Both daughters of Lewis Wesley Needham and Amy Roselle Tucker(sigh). I will of course be investigating this more thoroughly but documentation is rather concrete about this finding.

Celia Melinda Carter is directly related to Amey Needham. Celia's mother was Elizabeth Jane White (b 1860) , daughter of John L White 1814-1869 and Elizabeth Roberts 1821-1860, John L White was the son of Benjamin White and Amey Needham. Amey was the daughter of Lewis Wesley Needham and Amy Roselle Tucker.


Whereas John Christopher Hayley is directly related to Martha Needham (the daughter of Lewis Wesley Needham and Amy Roselle Tucker). Martha Needham married Wyatt M Mooring (1805-1874) and had a daughter Eliza Jane Mooring (1829-1905). I have done extensive study on this line and I am quite sure Eliza Jane Mooring is in fact John Christopher's Mother.

Actually for us who can trace both sides of our families to the year 1600 and before America, it is quite clear that same families often criss crossed each other over the developement of early American States and the 1600-1900 centuries.

I become even more anxious to develop my Early America Maps and color code them to see how these families migrated to meet each other. Celia from Texas and John from Tennessee. And the saga continues...........

No comments:

Post a Comment