Saturday, August 14, 2010

Family History or Genealogy ??

Car racing is a part of my Family History, I am finding writting about the races and my families participation in auto racing to be good family attention bait. One nephew already printed and framed my blog on Wild Bill.

see http://genealogyisruthlesswithoutme.blogspot.com/2010/08/shareing-family-history-at-research.html

Interesting observation I had the other day -- someone mentioned my write ups on this subject as "excellent work on family history". So I reflected what could be the difference between genealogy and family history?

And this what I concluded (for the time being, until I change my mind.

Family History is stories of your family. Genealogy follows the "genes" of that family. Therefore whereas Car Racing can and is catagorized a "Family History" the fact that my father's IRISH gene of being a little (cough cough) hard headed and being suspended from a racetrack is the Genealogy of the sharing of these newspaper clippings.

No comments:

Post a Comment