Tuesday, September 7, 2010

HAYLEY Blogger introduces a GUEST BLOGGER

THIS BLOG SPOT IS PROUD TO ANSWER A GUEST BLOGGER

WILD BILL HAYLEY will be the guest blogger for the month of September.

Yoly and I arrived in San Diego this evening. The plane had a full hour delay in San Jose. I will be posting what we do each day as we travel. We are going to Branson Mossouri and also be doing some genealogy work.

Speaking of that;
Last Saturday Yoly and I had dinner with my youngest sister, Doris.
My other sister, Kathy and her husband Don Hancock, also were at dinner as was Doris' son, Jeffery. Jeffery presented everyone with a narrative of the Hayley Lineage.

Well, as conversation went to family lineage the fact that we were related to the Carters of Texas was mentioned. Grandma Cecil Carter was the cousin of a known Gospel Singer Maybelle Carter and her family. Well, I about fell over when Don Hancock, my sister Kathy's second husband, told us his first wife was May Belle's daughter, Reba Carter. Don talked about get-togethers with Reba, June, Johnny Cash and himself.

Kathy and Don met and married after their first spouses died and have been happily married for many years now. It just goes to show how small the world can be sometimes.

WILD BILL HAYLEY
also known as HP.

No comments:

Post a Comment