Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Wednesday September 8, 2010 --- Guest Blog by Wild Bill

6:30 pm and I just finished a great dinner cooked by my daughter, Ruth. Ruth peeled carrots and potatoes and added to the slow cooker along with a cross rib beef roast. We left the house 10 minutes to 12 noon for a genealogical meeting, sightseeing, and returned home at 5 pm to this delicious food.

I guess I found something Randy Seaver shared with the genealogical group very funny.

Chula Vista Genealogical Society President Gary Brock shared lots of information with the group.

We visited a Memorial Park dedicated to Bob Hope.

Yoly enjoyed a lovely lunch at the Fish Market

After a last quick goodbye to Bob Hope -- we went to visit the area I lived in when I was in Fifth grade. I attended Horace Mann Junior High School at the end of El Cajon Boulevard. We drove down El Cajon to just past Texas Street where my father had an Automobile Shop. I remembered the streets lined with eucalyptus trees and the trees were still there. A second address we lived at was on 30th Street. The move to 30th Street reminded me of a terrible memory of my childhood.

We had taken a load of furniture to a house on 30th st. A new home we were moving into. We were heading to the home we were moving from to spend the night and finish moving the next day. I was riding my bike and my father told me to grab the door handle of his car and I wouldn't have to pump the bike. I said no because that was dangerous and he said he would give me a beating when we got home if I refused. So I grabbed the door handle and away we went for maybe about a half mile and he move the car up and around a streetcar loading stop. When he did my front wheel got caught in the streetcar track. When it came loose it was turned toward the curb which I hit and bounce into a palm tree. As the bicycle had long horn handlebars, when it hit the tree the handlebars turned and my chest hit the end of the handlebars against the tree. As it hit my chest right at the v of my chest it Damaged my esophagus as it enters my stomach giving me a hyatal hernia. It also bruised my Aorta and I ended up having an Aortic anyuerism where I finally had have 2 Stints put in and a 3 stint in my crotch because they tore the aorta when they entered there to put the upper stints in. Since I have to eat at least 4 hrs before I go to bed , otherwise When I lay down to go to sleep and there is any food in my stomach it will come into my throat because of the injury to my esauphogus. Maybe that was more information than you wanted. But Ruth says this is first person narrative and useful for her genealogy.

After all that I am tired and going to bed. Good night until tomorrow.


1 comment:

  1. It was great to meet you today, Bill. Your trip is off to a great start! Excellent pix too.