Friday, July 3, 2009

Eliza Jane Mooring Hayley Works





This is Eliza Jane Mooring (my great great grandmother) She is the mother of John Christopher Hayley (my great Grandfather), My grandfather, Claude William Hayley's father. Her legacy is a true testament of the strong willed, heartbreaking, women of her time. I plan to write a book just of her and her sisters. This book I plan to release the end of 2010. I have already set goals for 2009 and early 2010. I will be traveling back to her families land and her families cemetery. Her family already has been recorded. The information I entered on the Moorings, I read in a book titled Families of Wyatt Mooring past and present written by Isabelle Algee. The picture you find attached above also came from this book.

So how can I be so sure this woman is indeed my great great grandmother?? How can I be sure that she and all her other family is indeed related to the children of Claude William Hayley Jr born in 1924?? I will now follow, in this blog, with my back up documentation. But genealogy is not just a bunch of library reference number or names, dates and locations. This woman has a rich and exciting life to share. Reading these stories are like reading novels but only they are true and happened to your family.


1829
27 Nov Birth
Madison County, Tennessee2 source citations 1900 United States Federal Census 1880 United States Federal Census1850

1 AprAge: 20 Marriage to John William Haley
Madison County, Tennessee1875

Age: 46 Marriage to Ephraim Elijah Work 1880

Age: 51 Residence
Johnsons Station, Tarrant, Texas, United States1 source citation 1880 United States Federal Census1900

Age: 71 Residence (with her oldest daughter and family)
Whitewright, Grayson, Texas1 source citation 1900 United States Federal Census1905

AprAge: 75 Death (in her families plot with her two small children, and parents, along with other Moorings) I, Ruth Himan, received a list of all Moorings buried in this cemetery from the cemetery itself.
Lake County, TennesseeBurial
Mooring Cemetery, Lake County, Tennessee

These are the children Eliza and John William Hayley born 1829 – died 1874) reported in the census:

Martha J Haley 1853 – (Later in life Elza goes to live with this daughter and her husband)
Wyatt A. Haley 1857 – 1867 (the circumstances of his death and burial is sad)
Josephine Haley 1860 – 1868 (the circumstances of her death,only one year later, and burial is also sad)
James Hayley 1863 – 1934
Charles Hayley 1868 –
John Christopher Hayley 1870- Our Great Great Grandfather was the baby of the family. His father dies when he is 4 years old after years of suffering and pain, from a mortal wound received in the war.

IN 1874 Mr. John William Hayley passes away. This is a story of sacrifice, heroism, courage and extraordinary sadness. John William Hayley's military service records are documented in Civil War Books, Articles, in Eliza Jane's pension petition, I am including copies of all these publications in the family history I am writing.

But I like to believe that when John and Eliza were first married on April 1, 1850 that it was a very joyful union, because the
Tennessee State Marriages, 1780-2002
about Eliza Jane Mooring
Name: Eliza Jane Mooring
Spouse: John W Hayley
Marriage Date: 1 Apr 1850
Marriage County: Madison
Marriage State: Tennessee


Source Information:

Tennessee State Marriages, 1780-2002 [database on-line]. Provo, UT, USA: The Generations Network, Inc., 2008. Original data: Tennessee State Marriages, 1780-2002. Nashville, TN, USA: Tennessee State Library and Archives. Microfilm.

Description:
This database contains marriage records from the state of Tennessee from 1780-2002. Information that may be found in this database for each entry includes bride and groom's names, marriage date, and marriage county


has their names take up a whole page in the ledger and a little after scribble to their names.




In 1880 Eliza marries Mr Works (this copy of his photo was emailed to me.)



This family study has me reading Civil War Records, Land Deeds, Indian Treaties, along with newspaper articles, court records, etc.

Thank you for allowing me to share a little bit of the work with you. I now have over 3000 names, over 1000 resources, 300 photos,

I am opening a new blog for the Cancimillas, I have one on the Himans, and then I have a more technical blog regarding genealogy in general.

No comments:

Post a Comment